Selasa, 26 Agustus 2008

Press



World exclusive: Interview with Sami Yusuf Mon 3 Nov 2003
"Where did you come from?" is a question that many have asked since your meteoric rise in the nasheed world. Could you tell us a bit about yourself? 
Sami: All praise is for God, Lord of the worlds, and may He bless and grant peace on His final messenger Muhammad, his family, companions, and all those who follow him until the Day of Judgment. Asalaamu Alaykum. I am originally from Persia, the part that most people would call Azerbaijan but sadly, because of the fact that I've been raised here, I don't really know that much about Azerbaijan to share with you. But, from the little that I do know, the Azeri people are very spiritual with a deep appreciation of art and beauty. I feel that being of Azeri background has certainly helped me appreciate how diverse, vast and colourful the Muslim world actually is. But nevertheless, we are all united in faith - Alhamdulillah (thanks be to God).

0 komentar: